Mount St. Mary Academy is seeking applicants for the position of Athletic Director. Interested applicants should submit three professional references, cover letter and resume to Marissa Dauria at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description is listed below.
Athletic Director at Mount St. Mary Academy
Reports To: Assistant Principal for Student Life and Principal
Supervises: Athletics staff and athletic department
Functional relationships: Works closely with MSM Administration, Admissions, and Public Relations Office and other departments as necessary.
Position statement: The Director of Athletics provides administrative direction and oversight for all athletics staff, programs, facilities and activities. The director is responsible for ensuring compliance with all state, sectional and league athletics regulations, administering departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner and sustaining a culture of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect at all levels. The Director of Athletics also collaborates with Admissions on the recruitment and retention of student athletes and with Public Relations Department and the media on publicity and reporting of athletic events and results. Frequent nights and weekend work are required. Occasionally, limited travel is required but is funded by the school.
Major duties: The responsibilities of the Director of Athletics shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• To provide administrative direction and oversight for all athletics programs and activities and supervise the control, issuance and maintenance of recreational athletic equipment and facilities;
• To supervise full- and part-time athletics staff including shared responsibility for hiring, disciplining or firing decisions and full responsibility for training, mentoring, and evaluating coaches and athletics staff;
• To coordinate activities of all other coaches, teams and recreational athletics groups;
• To plan, implement, and promote athletic programs including scheduling games for varsity sports, ensuring a robust junior varsity program, and developing and overseeing any new sport teams added to the program.
• To monitor strict observances of academic and health eligibility of all athletes;
• To collaborate with Public Relations in the preparation of press releases and the arrangement of media coverage for athletic events, and insure that the appropriate media is informed of the results of all athletic events;
• To develop and manage departmental, team, and special events budgets; order equipment; and ensure departmental compliance with all cash handling and management policies;
• Collect and analyze departmental statistics and data and prepare and distribute reports as appropriate;
• To monitor and maintain the athletic website with current and accurate information at all times;
• To recruit student athletes in coordination with the Admissions Office and develop alumni athletics events, community relationships, and fund-raising opportunities;
• Support and assist in campus wellness and other related MSM athletic activities;
• To represent MSM at professional meeting and other special or public events;
• To function as a member of the MSM community by accepting special and committee assignments as may be requested by supervisor and to perform other duties as may be assigned by the Principal
Budget Responsibilities: Responsible for development and adherence to Athletics Department budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Effective communication skills required.
Qualifications: Baccalaureate degree in a related field, minimum of three-to-five-years administrative and/or coaching experience. Additional supervisory and administrative experience, Master’s Degree, and collegiate coaching and/or playing experience preferred.