The Alumnae Board is a group of up to 20 alumnae who work to support Mount St. Mary Academy. These volunteers work to engage alumnae of all decades, near and far, and provide them with ways to connect with the school community. The Alumnae Board also governs the Alumnae Scholarship, awarded each year to the relative of an alumna. The Board sponsors these four-year awards by fundraising, and oversees the award selection process. Additionally, the Alumnae Board assists the school in its endeavors, offering support and volunteerism as needed.
2020-21 Alumnae Board
- Danielle Blount ’09 – Executive Treasurer
- Amanda Blum ’09
- Chloe Macdonald Bree ’09 – Executive Chairperson
- Cindy Morgante Buffamonte ’81
- Marielle Buffamonte ’14 – Executive Secretary
- Emily Curtin ’09
- Jennifer Englert DeRose ’89
- Mary Emminger ’10
- Laura Hayes ’11
- Laura Belczak Heim ’02 – Golf Tournament Committee Chairperson
- Margaret Herdzik ’11
- Kim Hoelscher ’81
- Kerry Steffan Sciolino ’01
- Bridget Sullivan-Ryan ’01 – Events Committee Chairperson
- Julie Moslow Szrama ’09
- Melissa Mergl Richey ’93 – Merchandise and Apparel Committee Chairperson
Want to join the Alumnae Board?
All graduates of Mount St. Mary Academy are eligible for membership. Here’s what it entails: attending four to five meetings per year, working at Alumnae Board fundraisers and attending MSM events throughout the year. Just like when you were a student, we ask for your active volunteerism, helping us promote, organize and operate alumnae board fundraisers which support the Alumnae Scholarship Fund. We also ask you to be an ambassador of the Mount within your community. Help us tell the good news of the school to neighbors, family, friends, classmates, thereby promoting and strengthening our Alma Mater for the generations to come.
Not able to commit to meetings but still want to participate? Consider joining one of our committees as a non-voting member and help us raise money for the Alumnae Scholarship Fund. We also offer an option to attend meetings remotely.
MSM Alumnae Board Bylaws – Updated January 2019