Mount St. Mary Academy is seeking per diem Substitute Teachers at all grade levels in all academic disciplines for the 2017-2018 academic year to carry out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plan left by the classroom teacher.
Current New York State Teaching License preferred.
Compensation: $90.00 per day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriated for meeting lesson objectives
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class accordance with school policies.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
Submit resume to:
Principal, Mount St. Mary Academy, 3756 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore, NY 14217, or firstname.lastname@example.org