Mount St. Mary Academy is accepting applications in the following areas for the 2018-2019 academic year:
Long-term Substitute Teacher in Spanish Language Education for fall of the 2018. Certification in Spanish Secondary Education is preferred.
Full-time Physical Education/Health teacher. Certification in Physical Education and Health Education is preferred.
Full-time teacher to work within in the Academic Learning Center. Duties would include overseeing the implementation of IEP/504 Plan accommodations. Candidates should hold a degree in Special Education.
Resumes may be submitted by June 21 to Jennifer Pitz-Jones, Assistant Principal for Academics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount St. Mary Academy is seeking per diem Substitute Teachers at all grade levels in all academic disciplines for the 2017-2018 academic year to carry out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plan left by the classroom teacher.
Current New York State Teaching License preferred.
Compensation: $90.00 per day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriated for meeting lesson objectives
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class accordance with school policies.
- Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
Submit resume to:
Principal, Mount St. Mary Academy, 3756 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore, NY 14217, or email@example.com